Thursday, September 17, 2015

30 Years!- Life Lessons



30 years of LIFE! As I celebrate a (to me) HUGE milestone in my life I can’t help but want to share how absolutely grateful I am for my life. I can appreciate where I came from, to who I am today, see beauty in the smallest of things, and realize that everything around us is a blessing for us to appreciate. I know that I have a very long way to go, but wanted to share some of the most important lessons that I have learned so far on my journey.


1. An investment in you is ALWAYS worth it.
Whether it be making the choice to live a healthier life, kick addition, gain the skill sets(even if it means putting in more hours) for a better paying job, seeking out cogitative therapy to address personal issues, making more time to feed YOUR soul. It’s worth it a million times over.


2. Reflect what you desire…
You know that saying, “Be the change you wish to see in the world- Gandhi”… yeah it’s true, don’t say you want something unless you are willing to first go out and be/do/get it yourself. When that truly does happen, it’s amazing how everything just falls right into place.

3. See the beauty in others, even if they don’t see it in themselves.
Find the most unique admirable qualities in others that you want to emulate and take something from these individuals to apply towards making yourself a better person. Show them that while they were admiring you, it was actually they that inspired you, thus within them all along.

4. Every person that crosses your path/enters into your life can teach you something.
Learning is ALL around us, take  that extra second to soak it in, and acknowledge it you’d be amazed at what you can learn.

5. Keeping your mind, heart & soul open to where God / the Universe is guiding you, will ALWAYS steer you in the right direction.
The Trouble with this day and age is there’s so much noise! With our careers, lives, families, social media, pressures, there is little time left to actually LISTEN. Listen to where we are being led, amazingly if we actually open ourselves up to this, there is that little lighthouse of Faith, that always guides us in the right direction, we just have to allow the fog to clear from our eyes.

6. Fall in LOVE with a person’s soul.
Ahhh how I have wasted so much of my life on unhealthy relationships of several types (friendship, romantic, business) because all I heard/saw was what was on the outside, I didn’t actually allow myself to feel what was truly underneath. Such a powerful awareness it is, to have; to be able to see through a person eyes to the depths of their soul. Truly loving those individuals for what’s within is incredible. It also allows us to keep ourselves from getting hurt, we can rather see something for what it is and choose to love where they are at, and move on, or cherish them by Loving who they ARE and never letting go.

7. Whatever’s good for your soul, do that…
For me my family feeds my soul, I cherish time with those I truly love and it re-charges me.

8. Life is beautiful.
Just as the rainbow appears after the storm, the first flower blooms after the harshest of winters, and as the caterpillar emerges as the butterfly; I have learned to appreciate the beauty that life has to offer. Our time is here is merely a stepping stone, a training ground, for what’s to come in the next life, how will we chose to live it? I chose to make the most of it, and with God’s blessing I hope to do so, for many years to come.





No comments:

Post a Comment